Sunday, October 5, 2008

#4 } my raya holidays?

Wednesday
Of Raya Celebrations and Skipped Training Sessions
Today, was the day, where I actually get duit raya from my Muslim relatives. My family's kinda like half Muslim cause my mom's sister married a Muslim man. So I have a Muslim auntie, a Muslim uncle, and three annoying Muslim cousins. :D I went for training in the morning, and then for a raya dinner at night - which me and my coucins spent preparing for my engaged cousin's return (this one's Chinese lah!). We were meant to do loads of things before she came back, but never got around to doing it. :P So what can I say? Last minute work was always our famous trademark. :)

Thursday
The Starred Arrival
I woke up at 5. Yes, 5. For what you may ask? Well, its not training, but the arrival of my Cousin Liza who's gonna get married *pokes sidebar with in line events* and her fiancee. It was worth waking up to see her first I guess. I haven't seen her face in ages. But yes, I'm finally TALLER than her. Boo-yah! As a retarded result, I'm going to have to wear lousy half inch heels while she wears four inch heels for her wedding day. Pfft.


It may have been her first day back, but after getting her luggage into our guest room and showing off her dresses for her wedding, we were already off. The first thing that took place was a meeting where she discussed who's wearing what, who's doing what, who's getting what and who's going where. As her fully fledged bridesmaid, I have the lowest job, doing EVERYTHING she tells me to do. How bummer-ing is that? My poor raya holidays were gonna end in waste.
her checking in to the room.


And immediately after 2 hours of brain draining decision making, we all went to Sheraton Imperial to get the hotel stuff sorted out. We were late for the appointment of course, but it was kinda cool. The hotel is definitely perfect, besides the lame fact that the idea of a poolside wedding was called off and now the blessing ceremony is in a crummy little discotheque looking place. Dimly litted, to ensure that the blotches and patches of impurities couldn't be seen. That was dissapointing, but the ballroom. Ah, it was so awesome. I heart it.

the loveliness!

the retardedly managed place.

Following the tight schedule, we went off to Pavilion to eat at Tony Romas. Wow, I never thought I'd step foot into that place as long as my little scrawny body lived. Haha. It was definitely more than I could have asked for. Loved them pork ribbos. After that definitely very filling lunch, we were off to shop for flat-ish shoes for me. Unfortunately, Pavillion was just too downright expensive to buy anything. And because of that, we travelled all the way to 1 Utama to shop again. Prices were definitely better, but after super sore feet, we gave up. :P

Tony Romas.



Overall, a very feet strengthening, ming boggling day. B-)

Friday
It's a Bride's Thing
Today, I trained in the morning. My coach couldn't understand why I had to go to my cousin's house for raya. So now, I think he kinda thinks I'm Muslim. Bummer. After that, another hastle home and off to Wedding Isle for make up trials. Being a bridesmaid? NO easy job. Pfft. She tried on nearly 4 different make up thingies and ended up being most satisfied with the last one. She bought her own make-up for this, and seriously, super crazily expensive. And she also ordered new custom made 4 inch heels so she could prominently look taller than me in her gown. I feel disgusted. :S


The next destination was Jaya One. This chain of malls dedcicated to food. Oh my very favourite of them all. We ate at a little restaurant with a mix of western and Malaysian cuisine. My cousin has obviously been very mistreated in Aussie as she claimed that was the best chicken chop she had ever tasted. I think I've been eating better. No wonder she's so short. :) We went to the church after that, where my aunty had so sort out some things for Sunday's church gathering. We obviously helped too. :) Aunty Maureen who works in the church office is so good at cracking up jokes. Love her man. Ahahaha.

Off to Tom's Photography now! Che-che wanted to try on dresses for her wedding photoshoot. Told ya everything was really alst minute didn't I? Oh well. She tried on a few, while me and my sister were sitting around with her fiancee doing..nothing. Waiting. Bored. But, she kidna gets the hang of posing I think. :P Anyway, it was a very long and tideous process.


And after that, we went to shop for shoes again at KLCC and everywhere else. I dont remember visiting so many malls in sucha short span of time. LOL. We also got her wedding band thingay. At ten, (finally!) we got home. :P


Saturday
Some Alone Time
I had to attend another relative's wedding today. Tracy. I went for the Yum Cha ceremony in the morning and skipped training. My dad didn't allow me to skip the yum cha session! Oh well, I spent the extra freetime planning for the wedding childhood photos slides for my cousin's wedding. :) :)

It was the usual funky Saturday then. Where I ate and danced. But wait! I didn't do ballet today. I was somehow very starved and unable to dance. So, I went home. And ate. Alot. Like noodles, guava, cakes, kuih, everything. I was very the hungry. So I was well enough to go the wedding dinner in PJ. Heeh. It was a kinda normal wedding dinner, and I was taking notes on how my cousin's wedding should be as smooth as that one. :P

my kongkong.

Sunday

Homework bomb
Well, since I neglected my homework. I rushed through everything today. And after this super long post, I'm gonna go to church for another wedding blessing ceremony rehearsal after service. Oh oh! I cut my hair. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home