Thursday, August 19, 2010

of alginate beads and sperm cells.



And this is a BioScience class tradition.
Sperm cells.

Alginate + Calcium Chloride + Bromothymol Blue // Red Food Dye
*+ yeast for the yellow

Yes, we had to smuggle in some food dye. >:D
But it was all good. Good fun.

It won't really make sense until you've tried it yourself. These squishy bead things are alot more fun than they look in these pictures. :)


the attack of the sperm.


..and that's a super long one.


..and a single sperm attack. D:


a tiny red tadpole? :)

Those are the best shots I guess. Taken using my SonyEricsson phone. It's focusing ability isn't bad isn't it?

And if you really can't get enough, the full album here.

'Til your turn;

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. alginate

May 13, 2018 at 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home