Saturday, November 20, 2010

RVC Exhibition @ Singapore


I’m proud to say I have utilized the public transport in Singapore! Holding my cousin’s Ezlink card in my hand and tagging them as I went onto the bus and as I entered the MRT station, I must say it felt like a blast from the future. Singaporeans are definitely very efficient.

Still, I did walk 20 minutes from the Orchard MRT Station to Trader’s Hotel near Tanglin Mall. That walk, was not an easy walk. Thankfully I had the sensibility to wear my flats and pack my heels in my bag to change later on. The Trader’s Hotel itself was definitely impressive. I even had the opportunity to meet an Edinburgh vet graduate of 1951! To think the people you would meet being shocked by an automatic opening door. Yes, I’m officially impressed by the technology in Singapore.

The little exhibition was catered specifically for 12 of us students who were given conditional offers ( no interviews necessary *wide grin* ), I’m guessing in South East Asia. The purpose of the exhibition? To introduce us to university life at the Royal Vet College. We were each given a little welcome pack, complete with an official copy of our offer letters, complete with the RVC headnote. The course structure was so carefully thought out, up to date with the required aspects needed for a modern veterinarian. Despite the hefty costs of living in central London, it was definitely made out to be a great place. I was definitely sold.

This followed with a meet and greet session outside the function room. I admit, the food was spectacularly delicious. From dim sum to western food, I’m pretty sure they covered it all. This was when I got to know more about the lecturers and the other 11 potential students at RVC. We exchanged all sorts of animal stories, and had a really good laugh. Although none of us looked like the stereotypical vet student, I must say, they were extremely brilliant.

Definitely looking forward to uni life. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home